Introducing "Crafting For A Cause"

Crafting for a Cause





A couple months back, an up and coming craft blogger and friend (a former student teacher in my SPED classroom), named Carlee at Ladybird Ln, contacted me about how she tries to highlight a charitable cause on her blog each month. I thought that was a fabulous idea! I liked it so much that I asked if I could partner with her on her great cause! She said....YES!!!



Hello and Welcome, Carlee and her sister, Alyssa. Carlee is the one on the right!
Ladybird Ln
(This is an awesome blog that you should probably start to follow!)



I get a few emails every month asking if I will post about a charity or someone who needs help or a fundraiser. Unfortunately, I have usually said "no" because I feel if I do it for one person, I have to do it for everyone and I don't want to turn this blog into just a call for help. I have felt guilty about this, but always thought this was the most fair way to handle it.




BUT NOW, I have an idea I love where we can announce charity and calls for assistance using our craftiness!



I'm really excited to introduce


Crafting With a Cause!



Every month, usually the first Friday of the month, Ladybird Ln. and I will hold a linky/blog hop that highlights the charity Carlee or I choose. We will tell about our charity/service or cause and if you have a charity/service or cause you are working on, you can link it up for others to see. Our only requirement is that it needs to be linked to a post telling about the cause, not just to an etsy shop or website selling something. We want it to be legit, not just a money maker for people looking to boost an income. Let's keep this an honest cause!


Carlee has an amazing knack for finding inspirational causes.


You can see the last few months of charities that Ladybird Ln. has highlighted HERE.


Tomorrow, Carlee will introduce the June Crafting For A Cause. I LOVE it and I think it is something all of you will love too! I almost cried when I read about it!


I hope you decide to share your crafty talents in contributing to good causes through our Crafting With A Cause. We encourage you to take the button provided and publicize it on your blog! Spread these good causes to blogland and let's improve some lives!



Whether you want to participate in Crafting With A Cause personally, with a craft group, a young women's group or somehow else, we would love to have you involved!



What do you think about idea? Are you excited? I'd love to read your thoughts in the comments!