Bear & Baseball Cupcakes & How To Add Filling to Cupcakes


I made these cupcakes yesterday and donated them to our Little League snack bar for them to sell. I was pretty happy with how they turned out and they were pretty simple to create. I had some leftover icing from the Bridal Shower cupcake order I had over the weekend so I just used that. I used Funfetti cake mix and filled them {using a 12 tip} with Marshmallow Creme. I made these little baseball toppers from white chocolate, a candy mold, and a red food writer pen. I promise I will get the candy mold tutorial up this week.


For the Sunbathing Bear Cupcakes I used a Wilton 107 tip for the waves, graham cracker crumbs for the sand, sour candy strips for the towel, a gummy bear, and the umbrella. I pasted the towel on with a dollop of icing and I wet the bottom of the gummy bear and placed him of the towel. You could obviously use Teddy Graham's too if you prefer.

Here is a simple photo tutorial for how to fill cupcakes. I don't bother scooping out any of the cake. I have found that to be an unnecessary step. I've filled cupcakes with jam, icing, and marshmallow creme and I've never had any problems doing it this way.
Slowly begin to apply pressure to your piping bag. As soon as you see your cupcakes begin to plump it's time to stop. Release pressure from the bag and remove from cupcake.You can use a small spatula, spoon or butter knife to scrape off the excess on top shown in step 3. 

signature2